At Smile Again Dental, we use the latest in dental technology.
Soft Tissue LASER
Picasso Lite cuts and coagulates tissue with reduced trauma, bleeding, and necrosis of tissue and is used for soft tissue surgery, including troughing, gingivectomies, frenectomies, exposing implants/teeth/ortho brackets, and treating aphthous ulcers and herpetic lesions.
Panoramic and Cephalometric Scanner
A panoramic radiograph (also called panorexTM, dental panoramic radiograph, orthopantomogram or orthopantomographTM ), is a panoramic scanning dental X-ray of the upper and lower jaw. It shows a two-dimensional view of a half-circle from ear to ear.
Cephalometric analysis is used in dentistry, and especially in orthodontics, to gauge the size and spacial relationships of the teeth, jaws, and cranium. This analysis informs treatment planning and quantifies changes during treatment.
Digital x-rays have numerous advantages over film. They are faster, better for the environment (no more chemicals) and allow a lower X-ray dose to the patients. (Although we hasten to add that modern X-ray film exposures are extremely small – many times less than typical medical x-rays).
Opens, Suctions & Illuminates Mouth, Comfortably…No Sore Jaw!
Unique Patented Mouthpiece Creates a Wide Open, Well Lit Field The unique, patented Isolite mouthpiece is the heart of the Isolite system.
The soft, flexible, non- impinging Isolite mouthpiece isolates maxillary and mandibular quadrants simultaneously retracts and protects tongue and cheek delivers bright, shadow less illumination throughout the oral cavity continuously aspirates fluids and oral debris obturates the throat to prevent inadvertent aspiration of material.
Easy-to-insert, and comfortable for the patient, the Isolite mouthpiece can be inserted in only seconds and removed even more quickly. Economical, disposable mouthpieces mean no risk of patient cross contamination.
The dental “drill” isn’t going away anytime soon, but air abrasion technology offers a much more pleasant alternative for many areas of decay. The device uses a stream of air and fine particles to remove decay, in a sort of miniaturized “sandblasting” process. It’s quiet, and relatively painless- many small cavities can be treated without anesthetic.
Lensiora Intraoral Camera
You see what we see using your state of the art dental Lensiora intraoral camera.
This painless, no radiation technique allows you to see problems such as worn-out, defective fillings, fractured teeth, decay, bleeding gums and plaque. Together we can discuss your treatment plan with you for restoring your mouth to optimal health.
The benefit to you is:
- Allows you to better understand your dental needs by actually seeing what we see.
- Allows us to see problem areas that could easily be missed with just a visual examination.
- It helps us monitor progress on your treatment.
Computer Aided Orthodontic Treatment
Dr. Dorina Nicula, DDS has studied the Progressive Orthodontic Seminars method and is using the IPSoft Computer Orthodontic Application. Using a state of the art CAD application has the following advantages:
- Improved Diagnosis: The increased information received from model measuring and Dental VTO with anchorage predictions eliminates the risk of making the wrong decision on a case.
- Plan Mechanics: Through anchorage predictions and thorough analysis of the patient, treatment mechanics become more predictable.
- Torque and Rotation Diagnosis: Enhanced by the Dental VTO tool and model measuring calculations, a higher level of quality is obtainable in torque and rotation diagnosis. This improvement allows the dentist to eliminate wire bending from the straight wire type cases!
- Consultation Advantage: IPSoft™ accurately shows the patient what will occur during their treatment visually, illustrating the necessity of treatment and explaining the treatment.
Orascoptic® Magnification Loupes
For more than 30 years, Orascoptic has been designing and manufacturing award-winning dental loupes that have improved the overall performance, safety and comfort of dentists and dental hygienists around the world.